Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $55.00 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
Date: FRIDAY February 8, 2019, 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST
Shifter romance is still one of the hottest genres in publishing right now. It’s easy, right? You just take a hot guy and have him morph into a wolf…or bear…or…panther…or…
Well, you and the thousands of other shifter romance writers. So, how are readers going to tell your lusty wolf boys apart from another author’s lusty wolf boys? Sure, you can invent clan/pack rules and give your shifters certain features or restrictions.
But, if you want to create unforgettable shifters that will have readers coming back for more, you need to shift your world-building into high gear. (See what I did there with the play on words with ‘shift’? Ha! I’m so funny.)
This class will help you create richer shifter ‘cultures’ by showing you how to:
- Origin of the species: Construct the history of your shifters, and by history, I mean real history;
- The nature of the beast: Use science (even if you’re not a science person) to add delicious bits of plausibility to your shifters;
- The animal kingdom: Catch world-building details that create giant gaps in logic that can distract the reader from your story;
- Animal instincts: Develop stronger characters by giving them a richer psychology and personality from fuller historical, scientific, and world-building;
- Shifting gears: Drive action and plot twists in unexpected ways using expanded shifter world-building;
- Animal attraction: Amp up the romantic and sexual tension using the history and science of your shifters.
A free recording of the class is included in the price.
About the Instructor
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in Boston with her husband and neurotic dog. She discovered her passion for writing early and has bugged her family and friends with it ever since. She likes history, science, Jack Daniels, jewelry, pasta, and solitude. Not all at the same time.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso