Class Title: Amateur Hour is Over—Self-Publishing for Professionals
Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $100.00 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: Friday, January 11, 2019, 7:00-10:00 p.m. EST
Let's get down to brass tacks. Are you going to go KDP Select or wide distribution with Smashwords as a distributor? Are you going to use the KDP/CreateSpace ISBN's or purchase your own package? What BISAC codes have you chosen? What keywords are you going to use to get into your target categories? Who's your competition, and how are you positioned against them?
Okay, hold on. Breathe. Slow down. I didn't mean to induce a panic attack. I'm actually here to help.
Beyond just uploading a book to Amazon, there are a lot of tricks of the trade that can help us build our brand, keep our books on the algorithmic radar, and find the readers who will go the distance with us. If getting our books up on Amazon and CreateSpace is 'Self-Publishing 101,' then this class is the 'Self-Publishing senior seminar' that will help you turn your books into a business and your writing into a long-term career.
- Competitive research (because publishing is about as friendly as the Red Wedding in Game of Thrones)
- Distribution decisions (because there's actually a choice!)
- Copyright, ISBN's, intellectual property, and what it actually all means for writers
- Algorithm magic: keywords, BISAC codes, and meta descriptions made easy
- Finding the reader (beyond trusting Amazon to deliver them)
- Demystifying the USA Today and NYT bestselling author titles
- How to run yourself like a business even when you hate business and can't math (I can't math either, so it's cool)
Yes, this is going to be a 3-hour class because there is SO much to cover...but, like L'Oréal says, you're worth it! Also, a recording of this class is also included with purchase.
The class includes a workbook that will guide you through everything we talk about from how to do competitive research to tracking ISBNs and distribution, and much, much more!
Time is MONEY, and your time is valuable so this will help you make every moment count...so you can go back to writing GREAT BOOKS.
***A FREE recording is included with purchase.
About the Instructor
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in Boston with her husband and neurotic dog. She discovered her passion for writing early and has bugged her family and friends with it ever since. She likes history, science, Jack Daniels, jewelry, pasta, and solitude. Not all at the same time. When she isn’t enjoying the rooftop deck that brings her closer to the stars, she writes.