Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $55 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: Friday, June 22, 2018. 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST
Remember Moonlighting? Dave and Maddie were the hottest thing ever...and then they kissed...and it was still kinda hot...and then they really got together and settled down to blissful domesticated bickering. And...we all stopped watching.
Because it was boring.
Remember the X-Files? The lucullan feast of smoldering restraint that was Mulder and Scully? Chris Carter refused to give the fans what they wanted with a kiss at the series end, and while fans gnashed their teeth, it was a kind of pro forma gnashing because we were still interested and could still dream about what might happen.
While the episode-based storytelling of television allows romance to be the B-plot (and only when it feels like it), novels are different. Whether we are writing squeaky clean romance or too-much-wasabi-level-hot erotica, we are always dealing with the same basic principle of THE TEASE.
And for all that romance gets a bad rap and is scorned as being 'easy' to write, sustaining the delicious, rippling tension and fizzing chemistry between characters is one of the hardest techniques to master. This class can help you (literally) keep the romance alive well past the 80,000-word mark and beyond!
Topics covered in this class include:
- 'So, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want': recognizing what the reader wants, what the reader really wants but doesn't know, and what the reader needs;
- How to Flirt with the Reader: giving an inch but taking a mile when it comes to sweet/romantic/sexy moments;
- Clean and Mean: putting the spark in sweet romance and fanning the flame without risking the brimstone;
- Down and Dirty: putting the emotion in erotica so every encounter leaves the reader panting for more...for more than one reason;
- The Speed Dating Trap: how to balance interest, interaction, and attraction without falling for the trap of insta-love (just add fate/pheromones/booze);
- Making it Last: how to chart a course for romance and pace it so it lasts...all book long...
- So much more!...
A free recording of the class is included in the purchase.
About the Instructor:
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in Boston area with her husband and neurotic dog. She discovered her passion for writing early and has bugged her family and friends with it ever since. She likes history, science, Jack Daniels, jewelry, pasta, and solitude. Not all at the same time. When she isn’t enjoying the rooftop deck that brings her closer to the stars, she writes.