Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $65.00 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: Friday, March 9th, 2018, 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST
We all know that book…the romance novel where we skip over the bits of description and the actual plot until we get to the next part where the romantic protagonists interact again. We also all know that other book…the romance novel where we devour every word because every piece of it is so hot, it should come with a flammability warning.
It's not hard to notice the differences between the two types, but when it comes to articulating them, and what's more, putting them into practice, we often find ourselves struggling against 'Fizzle Factors' such as trite dialogue, trope-y characters, and a plot that is so doughy, it's mushier than the trite dialogue.
In this class, we will take apart and analyze piece-by-piece the 'Fizzle Factors' and then learn how to use the 'Sizzle System' to turn the heat allllllll the way back up!
Topics will include:
- The two super-secret elements of every single mega-successful romance novel;
- How to create a plot that doesn't interfere with and actually supports the romance;
- The easy way to create truly memorable characters that readers will care about;
- 'Russian' literature: the problem of rushin' into conflict and rushin' out of it in romance writing;
- Coming up with an original and unusual ending that STILL fits the Happily Ever After requirement.
Note: If you have taken one of my 'How to Dominate Your Sex Scenes' classes before, this is going to be different in that I won't be covering specifically how to craft a sex scene. I will be talking at a bigger picture level about plot structure, character development, and fine points of the genre.
***A FREE recording is included with purchase.
About the Instructor
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in the Boston area with her husband and small, neurotic dog. She discovered her passion for writing early and has bugged her family and friends with it ever since. When she isn’t cooking, running, reading nonfiction, or enjoying the rooftop deck that brings her closer to the stars, she writes.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso