Class Title: How to Write a Series
Instructors: Kristen Lamb AND Cait Reynolds
Price: $75.00 USD (and a shubbery...something nice, please)
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
Date: Friday, January 19th, 2018. 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST
Cait: Making history! For the first time EVER, a master class with Kristen and Cait together…in the same room…
Kristen: Unless Homeland Security stops us. Why are you referring to yourself in the third person? It's weird.
Cait: No...it's presentation. And, shut up about Homeland Security. They love me. So does the TSA.
Me: Bet they do.
Cait: *glares* Moving right along...class description!
Series are the bread and butter of publishing. They provide the backlist for authors that generates both residual income and devoted fans. A series offers writers the opportunity to dive deep with characters, details, and an overarching story or theme.
A series also means…having to write a completely contained plot that is satisfying as a book, fits in with the series arc, and is perfect in its consistency and detail so as not to jar the readers out of their suspension of disbelief.
In this special master class, Kristen and Cait are combining their expertise in plotting, character development, world-building, and technical craft to teach you how to write a series that will draw your readers in, leave them wanting more, and becoming devoted (and paying) long-term fans!
Topics this class will cover:
- Plot within a plot within a plot;
- Creating characters that are deep enough to grow over several books;
- Building a setting (historical/fantasy/contemporary) that provides the necessary breadth and resources for a quest;
- How to catch the reader up from the last book without rehashing everything;
- Keeping the spark alive – how to sustain romantic tension over multiple books.