Instructor: Kristen Lamb
Price: $45.00 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: Tuesday, September 19th, 2017. 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST
Villains and anti-heroes can be some of the most challenging, yet most enjoyable characters to write. Popular movies and fiction are packed full of these kinds of characters. Villains and anti-heroes resonate, tapping into our darker natures.
Deadpool, The Punisher, Dexter, Walter White (Breaking Bad), Dr. Hannibal Lecter, and Riddick return time and again to thrill and chill and make us question why we're rooting for them…but…we are!
Great villains are always the heroes of their own stories, which is why we can't get enough of Darth Vader, The Emperor, Joker, and 92% of the characters in Game of Thrones or again…Dr. Hannibal Lecter (opinions vary as to whether he is a villain or anti-hero).
This class will cover:
- How to create villains with depth (no mustache-twirling allowed).
- How to generate goal/conflict/and motivation with resonance.
- How to create anti-heroes that are dark, bad, brooding, crazy or utterly selfish…but audiences can still root for them. What is the line between anti-hero and unlikable jerk?
- How to use the reflection of the villain or the anti-hero to craft the perfect adversary.
- Ways to generate empathy for both villain and anti-hero.
A recording of this class is also included with purchase
About the Instructor
Kristen Lamb is the author of the definitive guide to social media and branding for authors, Rise of the Machines—Human Authors in a Digital World. She’s also the author of #1 best-selling books We Are Not Alone—The Writer’s Guide to Social Media and Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer. She’s just released her debut thriller The Devil’s Dance.
Kristen has written over twelve hundred blogs and her site was recognized by Writer’s Digest Magazine as one of the Top 101 Websites for Writers. Her branding methods are responsible for selling millions of books and used by authors of every level, from emerging writers to mega authors.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso