Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $40.00 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: Wednesday, August 16, 2017. 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST
From fainting to family doctors in the OR, fiction today is full of medical malfeasance. Watching George Clooney or Ellen Pompeo run through the ER yelling “Stat!” may seem like just what the doctor ordered to up dramatic tension in fiction, it’s more likely to be 20cc of the wrong medicine.
Nothing shatters the fragile suspension of disbelief for the reader like inaccuracies, whether it’s historical, behavioral...or medical. Whether your character is injured in a car crash, poisoned, knocked unconscious, or comes down with the flu, it’s critical to get the details right.
Like a first responder, this class is on the scene to help you resuscitate realism in your medical scenes. This will be a crash course on how to avoid making the most common mistakes and how to get the facts for whatever you inflict on your characters in the future.
This class will cover:
- From ambulance to admission, how your character actually ends up in the hospital;
- What happens while your character is inpatient (from blood work and imaging, to iv’s - especially iv’s!!! - and hospital food);
- The different kinds of medications, treatments, and timelines for characters to recover from a wide range of illnesses and injuries;
- The truth about knocking your character unconscious: how, how long, and what the short- and long-term consequences are;
- From birth to death, clinical procedures and protocols;
- How to research medical information and get it right in your descriptions.
At the end of the class, we will have an open Q&A sessions where you can ask about medical scenarios for your characters.
A recording of this class is also included with purchase.
About the Instructor:
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in the Boston area with her husband and four-legged fur child. She discovered her passion for writing early and has bugged her family and friends with it ever since. When she isn’t cooking, running, rock climbing, or enjoying the rooftop deck that brings her closer to the stars, she writes. http://caitreynolds.com
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso