Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $45 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: Friday, August 4, 2017
Erotica is one of the most difficult genres to write.
Erotica is one of the most difficult genres to write well.
From pacing (literally) to placing, this class is gonna go...deep. Yeah. Couldn't resist. In all seriousness, how do you handle the paradox of writing a book with compelling characters and interesting story when it's really about sex?
The answer is this: good erotica is not about sex. It is about seduction and intimacy. In this class we will cover:
- Understanding why readers choose erotica, what they are looking for, and how to both deliver and guide them to wanting more;
- How to apply and adapt standard plotting structures to erotica;
- Creating a story that is interesting enough to sustain a full-length novel;
- Developing characters that are complex, memorable, and desirable;
- Avoiding repetitive, mechanical sex scenes;
- Maintaining the heat throughout a book;
- How to push yourself to write better and use quality as a unique marketing strategy;
- Bonus: history, fun facts, and trivia about literary erotica through history!
A recording of this class is also included with purchase.
In a world of a gazillion forgettable erotica books and romance novels, let Cait help you stand out in the one way no marketing can compete with: hot, unique stories that turn readers into fans who will BEG you for more!
You get the class (recording included in price) with Cait plus one hour of personalized one-on-one consulting regarding YOUR story.
You get the class (recording included in price) with Cait plus two hours of personalized one-on-one consulting regarding YOUR story and a detailed edit and critique of one sex scene up to 2,500 words.
About the Instructor
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in the Boston area with her husband and four-legged fur child. She discovered her passion for writing early and has bugged her family and friends with it ever since. When she isn’t cooking, running, rock climbing, or enjoying the rooftop deck that brings her closer to the stars, she writes.
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso