Class Title: How to Dominate Your Sex Scenes (No Safe Words Here)
Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $40 USD Standard
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: FRIDAY July 14th, 7:00 PM E.S.T. to 9:00 P.M. EST
Boy meets Girl. Boy and Girl have sex several times, though the scenes all kind of blur together at some point. Girl (or Boy) ends up in trouble at the hands of criminals/jealous ex/drug lord and needs Boy's (or Girl's) rescue.
Boy and Girl have celebratory sex and live happily ever after.
Sound all too familiar?
Maybe like the tens of thousands of schlocky "Schlongs of Shanghai" titles all competing for KENP (Kindle pages read) and the top 1,000 ranking on Amazon?
But, there's no denying that erotica is one of the hottest genres around and has a very real place in literature. Yet, to write a work of erotica that provides both the escapist fantasy that readers want while creating a fast-paced story with memorable characters and riveting, unique sex scenes is probably harder than trying to find that billionaire cowboy with six-pack abs who's into ménage-a-trois.
This class will not be for the faint of heart or those who blush easily!
We are going to tackle the nitty gritty of the erotica genre as a whole and sex scenes in particular…and use ALL the words in our discussions!
Topics covered include:
- When to introduce sex into the story and the sex v. plot ratio –
- Creating chemistry in one easy step
- Decisions, decisions: Purple prose v. crass cusswords –
- How to avoid the cookie-cutter Alpha male (and corresponding Mary Sue female) –
- Keeping the sex fresh, interesting, and unique in every single scene - How realistic to make sex in any given scene v. how much detail is TMI, even for your readers?
- What really makes a scene sexy?
- What makes a story sexy?
- BONUS: How to talk about erotica as literature and fun facts about the history of erotica!
Event Registration and Ticketing Powered by Event Espresso