September 9, 2017 – September 9, 2017
Instructor: Cait Reynolds
Price: $45.00 USD
Where: W.A.N.A. Digital Classroom
When: Saturday, September 9, 2017. 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. EST
From fainting virgins to sexually-empowered widows, the ‘historical heroine’ attempts to accomplish the near-impossible: capture the sensibility and reality of the times while keeping the heroine relatable to modern readers.
Until we get time machines, we have to rely on research and our imaginations in order to create authentic, sympathetic historical heroines. The amount of research required can seem daunting, but this class is designed to give you a ‘jump start’ with some basic facts, tricks for getting into your heroine’s head, and hints on how to research efficiently and with confidence.
This class will cover the following topics – and much more:
- Vital statistics: how to determine the correct age for your female character based on time period;
- The Three E’s: Education, Entertainment, and Etiquette;
- Dressing the part: how to capture the feel of an era’s fashions without Mary Sue shopping sprees;
- Housekeeping from princesses to privy pots;
- The Three F’s: Faith, Fierceness, and Fiancés. What your female character believes is her destiny and what actually is her destiny;
- Tips and tricks for quick research.
A recording of this class is also included with purchase.
About the Instructor:
Cait Reynolds is a USA Today Bestselling Author and lives in the Boston area with her husband and four-legged fur child. She discovered her passion for writing early and has bugged her family and friends with it ever since. When she isn’t cooking, running, rock climbing, or enjoying the rooftop deck that brings her closer to the stars, she writes.