System Requirements for Attendees:
- We recommend a computer with a Dual-core CPU and 2GB of RAM – Any computer purchased in the last 4 years will almost certainly be sufficient.
- A web browser with the Adobe Flash plugin installed – We recommend either Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer. Please note that Chrome will request permission twice to access your microphone. Please allow this.
- High Speed Internet connection – Best experience will occur with at least 1Mbps download & 0.5 Mbps upload – Click to test your connection
- Audio Glitches
The occasional lost or garbled word is the nature of the technology. If one device or network link between you and our servers is just a tiny bit slow and causes a delay, the audio sent during that time is garbled or lost. This is also how your cell phone works (or not).
Most of the audio glitches we hear of are on the listener’s end. Here’s how to minimize them:
- Close any unneeded programs, especially programs that access the Internet
- If you’re connected via WiFi, make sure you have a good signal
- Make sure others aren’t maxing out your Internet connection
- Use a different web browser – we recommend you open a fresh window for the classroom
- If all else fails, we have Phone-In Numbers. Instructions to connect are posted in the Chat area of your meeting room. To help keep class costs down, please use as a last resort.
- Audio & Webcam out of Sync
This is normal. The processing required to not hear yourself talking slows audio by a second or so.
- Can’t See the Presentation Window
Maximize your browser window
Move the classroom windows around
Reset the screen layout by clicking the icon in the bottom right of the classroom window
For additional questions about the WANA Digital Classroom, click here to email the WANA team.